Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Phenomenal Alaska Trip: Part Two: A Post by Conservative Girl with a Voice




I arrived back home in San Diego early Sunday morning. The following is my latest blog post that I wrote while still in Alaska. Enjoy…

As I continue to share with you my adventures in Alaska, the last frontier, I continually find myself witnessing some of the greatest wonders of this God-created world. Everywhere I look- whether it be at a simple, pink flower blooming in someone’s front yard, to the moose chewing grass along the highway- I am captivated by this state and all she has to offer. If you live or have visited Alaska, you know the beauty I am speaking of, and for those of you who have not yet visited, there is no better time than now. After all, what could be better than sitting outside on a deck, with a glass of Merlot, overlooking a lake at 10:30 p.m. while STILL wearing sunglasses? Yep, only in Alaska my friends.

Since my last blog post, a lot has happened. I continue to have a wonderful time meeting and getting to know new friends, and I cannot wait to meet many more people before I travel back to San Diego. There have been many highlights over the course of the last couple of days and many memories have been made. It was so fun to get my hair done at the Beehive Beauty Shop by the shop’s owner and my friend Jessica Steele (pictured at right in the purple). Jessica is the sweetest, most genuine person you will ever meet. She is truly as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. There is just something very special about salons that bring out the ultimate “girly girl” in me. I have always had a blast sitting down at the salon and just talking girl talk. I also met, Chris (pictured with me to the right), who is doing his training to be a hairstylist at the 'hive. Chris recently moved from San Diego to Alaska, and it was fun to talk San Diego with him. I had fun dishing and discussing everything from reality shows to hair and beauty tips. The Beehive is decorated phenomenally. Everything from the antique chandeliers (a staple of Louisiana signifying Jessica’s place of birth) to the beautifully decorated pink, black and white color scheme definitely gives the salon its “it factor.” As soon as you walk into this shop, you know you have come to the right place- it’s that cool. I decided to let Jessica work her magic like only she can (She is Sarah Palin’s hairdresser after all), and she gave me the cutest, sassiest pixie cut. (Thanks to my awesome friend, Tracey Porreca, for taking the awesome photos.) I cannot tell you how many compliments I have been getting for my hair. Jessica is THAT good!!! Thanks, Jess. You’re amazing, and I love my hair.

The girl talk didn’t end at the salon, but instead continued into the night as Jessica, Krisha, Kristina, Tracey, Shelia and I had dinner at the Settler’s Bay Lodge. It was definitely like a mini “Tweet Up.” One of the best parts of the dinner conversation had to do with the fact that the restaurant we dined at had the most to-die-for butter. I’m not talking about your average butter here. On the contrary, I’m talking about the best blend of butter, bacon and spices that your own grandmother would have to work years to perfect. I think it’s safe to say that we had more than our fair share of bread and that yummy butter that evening.
My sister, Krisha, Kristina and I also had the awesome privilege of attending Ericka Burke’s wedding. Ericka is the youngest child of Eddie (who’s running for Alaska’s lieutenant governor) and Linda Burke. We had a blast at the wedding. It was such a great atmosphere, and it was clear everyone had an awesome time. It was fun to laugh, dance and just hang with some of the coolest Alaskans you will ever have the chance to meet. I must say that the Burke family KNOWS how to have a good time!!! Eddie, Linda, Candice, Terrin, Eddie Jr. and his wife, Brandy, as well as Ericka and her hubby, Brown, have been great company. I told them that they are like family to me and gave Krisha and me a sense of “home” while in Alaska. It was like I was a part of their family, and I will never forget how great a time we had dancing into the night!!!On a side note: Tabloids are reporting that Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston are back together. These reports are UNTRUE. Once again, the lamestream media are reporting lies in order to denigrate the Palin family in an attempt to sell more magazines. It is no secret that many magazines and newspapers are losing large amounts of readership daily, so they have resorted to spreading lies in an attempt to keep readers. While Bristol and Levi are not back together, it is my hope that Levi will be a more active parent in his young son's life. Tripp needs both of his parents in his life. The Palin family has been more than open in their willingness for Levi to be an active dad. Levi treated the Palin family terribly, and the Palins never once publicly lashed out and attacked Levi the way he has attacked them. It would be in Levi's best interest to apologize to Bristol and the rest of the Palin family. If Levi is sincere in his attempts to reconcile with his young son, I say more power to him. Although he has made many mistakes at such a young age, there is such a thing as forgiveness and second chances. I am praying Levi will come around and realize how great a son he has and how great and accepting the Palin family is.

Well, kiddos, I have to get back to work; after all, we all got bills to pay, right? Stay tuned for part three of my travels. In the posts to come, you’ll read about my canoe trips on Lake Lucille, my trip to the Matanuska Glacier, lunch with my friend, Amanda, and her parents (Her dad is Alaska’s Lieutenant Governor Craig Campbell), my trip to Palmer for Colony Days and my visit with Sarah’s parents, Chuck and Sally Heath. I cannot wait to share this and much, much more. Thanks for checking in. Conservative Girl with a Voice checking out… for now.

On a side note:

The tabloid Us Weekly is reporting that Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston are back together. These reports are UNTRUE. Once again, the lamestream media are reporting lies in order to denigrate the Palin family in an attempt to sell more magazines. It is no secret that many magazines and newspapers are losing large amounts of readership daily, so they have resorted to spreading lies in an attempt to keep readers. While Bristol and Levi are not back together, it is true that Levi wants be a more active parent in his young son's life according a recent report on ABCs Good Morning America. Bristol and Levi have decided to get along for the sake of their young son- a lesson other young parents should follow. Tripp needs both of his parents in his life. The Palin family has been more than open in their willingness for Levi to be an active dad. Levi treated the Palin family terribly, and the Palins never once publicly lashed out and attacked Levi the way he has attacked them. It would be in Levi's best interest to apologize to Bristol and the rest of the Palin family. If Levi is sincere in his attempts to reconcile with his young son, I say more power to him. Although he has made many mistakes at such a young age, there is such a thing as forgiveness and second chances. I am praying that Levi will come around and realize how great a son he has and how great and accepting the Palin family is. If anything, this is a good start, and I pray the media will stay out of this story and let Levi and Bristol raise their son in private.

(Click here to visit Conservative Girl with a Voice and become a follower. Follow me on Twitter @rachellefriberg.)

No comments:

Post a Comment