Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sarah Palin Still Rocks Our World Two Years Later



Two years ago today, Governor Palin rocked our world when John McCain announced that she would be his running mate. For over an hour after her announcement, much of the World Wide Web was inaccessible, inundated with traffic all pointing to Wasilla as the world wanted to know, "who is this woman? Who is this Sarah Palin?"

Where Were You When...

Some folks such as Adam Brickley knew Gov. Palin and established websites seeking to have her nominated for the VP slot. For most of us, this moment was the first time we ever heard of her. In my case, I caught her speech on the radio just as it had begun, so I only heard her voice and her words. I did not know her name. I did not know what she looked like or where she came from. I would not find out any of those things for over an hour. There is a certain magic to Guglielmo Marconi's invention in that it allowed me - the listener - to hear her words and her message without pre-conceived notions associated with looks, or even names. The radio stripped that all away.

Welcome Back Dad

What I heard had me transfixed within two blocks. I had to pull over to the side of the road. In Gov. Palin's words, in her voice, in her message, I felt as if I was bearing witness to the resurrection of Ronald Reagan. When I finally did see Gov. Palin's picture and read her biography in a foreign news site, and pieced together with her Reagan-esque message, I literally fell out of the chair to the floor in my tech support office, gasping "holy (two of the most common expletives)"!



Rocking Our World

"The world shook, the world trembled," this RNC bio video declared quite truthfully. Her sonic boom certainly rocked my world; she stole my heart, and she divided my calendar. "Sarah may not be six feet tall, but she is a self-made giant." Today, we celebrate the woman who to her supporters stands 10 feet tall and whose vertical climb is limitless.


06-4122 / AK (cn 4122) Air Force Capt. Jammie Jamieson going into the vertical. She serves with the 525th Fighter Squadron at Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska, and is the first combat-ready woman fighter pilot to qualify to fly the F-22A Raptor.
A woman based out of Elmendorf Air Force Base entering a vertical climb: there could not be a better, more providential homage to a little girl who tried to fly. Today Gov. Palin's sonic booms make the earth shake and tremble. Her biggest one is still yet to come - in 874 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment