Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tea Partying in New York (includes pictures)

By Adrienne Ross - www.motivationtruth.com

I met some great patriots today when I went down to the Tea Party in Kingston, NY. Peacefully, we demonstrated our great love for America and our disapproval of the direction President Obama and Congress are taking us.

As the pictures show, there were very creative signs all over the place, American flags, as well as Gadsen flags. I've included pictures of some of them.

Piles of cars drove by with people honking wildly and flashing thumbs-up. Yes, there were also some disgruntled people passing by. One woman, for example, stuck her head out the window and yelled, "You suck! You suck!" But those haters were far outnumbered; they did not dampen our spirits, and they did not incite us to respond in kind.

I wore a sweatshirt with a picture of Governor Palin and the words, "America's President." A few expressed their admiration for it. One woman exclaimed, "Go, Sarah!" I handed out "Sarah 2012: A New Energy for America" bumper stickers and "Sarah Palin President 2012" buttons, both designed by the 2012 Draft Sarah Committee. Clearly, people love the governor because she loves America, is proud of America, and never feels the need to apologize for America.

As I was heading out, I met a gentleman NRA member when he stopped me, shook my hand, and remarked that my Palin sweatshirt and my Tea Party attendance were definite contradictions to the lies about conservatives and the Tea Party movement. So...yes, there are Black people who attend Tea Parties around the country, and no, the movement is not a racist one. He and I had a great conversation, and I left even more proud of my country and very glad I drove the 40 minutes to join fellow Americans to declare, on Tax Day, that we are taxed enough already, we are counting the moments till election day in November, and we're taking our country back!

I live-tweeted the event. In case you missed them, check those tweets out here.

See pictures below.









No comments:

Post a Comment