Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"Hi, Rachelle. This is Sarah Palin" : A Personl Phone Call from Sarah Palin- A Post by Conservative Girl with a Voice


(I posted this post on my blog a little over a week ago, but wanted to share it here as well. Enjoy!!!)

When my good friend, Eddie Burke, was invited by the Tea Party Express to address the crowds as part of the group's across-the-country bus tour, I was so excited for him. Eddie is a great public speaker who doesn't pull any punches. I first had the honor and opportunity of getting to know Eddie when I was a frequent guest on his popular Alaska radio show. When he asked me if I could be a correspondent, covering Sarah Palin and national issues, I was so excited and jumped at the chance!!! I always tell everyone it was Eddie who gave me my first, big break. That is why is was an honor to serve under him as his press secretary when he decided to run for lieutenant governor of Alaska this past Spring. Although Eddie did not win the primary, he fought hard to the end, and I could not have been prouder of him. He truly is the voice of Alaska, and I know God has big plans for him. As the spokesperson for the newly formed Anchorage Tea Party, Eddie has made a huge impact and the popularity of this group is undeniable. Eddie's work on behalf of the tea party movement makes him a perfect fit as a speaker for the Tea Party Express. I am excited that Eddie and the Tea Party Express are coming to San Diego this Thursday. It will be fun to get to see him again and to introduce him to my family!!!

When Eddie told me he would be addressing the Tea Party Express crowd, I was so stoked for him. He also told me Sarah Palin, a fellow Alaskan and friend, would be addressing the crowd as well. I told him that he would have a blast and to keep me updated about his exciting experience. I jokingly told him that when he spoke with Sarah that I'd love to talk to her. Little did I know that this little joke would become a reality. While at work yesterday, I received a text from Eddie letting me know that Sarah may be calling me before her speech, I was speechless. This helps to illustrate just how much of a real deal and cool person Eddie Burke is!!! Those of my readers who have the pleasure of knowing him know exactly what I mean. Here is a guy who is about to address thousands of people, and he was thinking about his friend. This is just who Eddie Burke is!!!

When I saw my phone light up about 45 minutes after Eddie's text, I quietly slipped out of the room, as I was at work, and said "hello." I was so ecstatic to hear a familiar voice on the other end: "Hi, Rachelle. This is Sarah Palin." WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I mean, how cool is that??? You, regular readers of my blog, know how much I admire and look up to Sarah Palin. She is the reason why I began this blog and hold the political aspirations that I do. No words could express how much she inspires me. Although I have had the opportunity of meeting her before at her Reno book signing (I was covering the event for Eddie's show), getting this call from her made my day. It was TOTAL AWESOMENESS, as I like to say and definitely one of the BEST... DAYS... EVER!!! Sarah was so thoughtful and genuine. I will never forget her words of wisdom and the complement she gave me regarding my recent blog interview with her daughter, Bristol. I thanked her for all she has done and all she will continue to do in the name of common-sense conservatism. She is simply THE BEST and THE REAL DEAL, that's for sure!!!

I walked away from our conversation so proud of Sarah and so in awe of her character. Here is a woman, a modern-day political rock star who, just before she was to address a HUGE crowd, took the time to call this average girl- a conservative blogger, this Conservative Girl with a Voice. WOW!!! How ironic that I met her for the first time in Reno, Nevada, and she called me from Reno, Nevada.... I believe that everything happens for a reason, and God is using Sarah for His purpose. Her calling me yesterday illustrates just the kind of individual she is. Her genuine, kind and caring nature are three traits that all too often are forgotten in politics. We could use more individuals like Sarah Palin in the political arena!!! Thank you, Sarah, for making this conservative girl's day and for all you do for America!!!

SEE YA THURSDAY, EB!!!


(Click here to visit Conservative Girl with a Voice and become a follower. Follow me on Twitter @rachellefriberg.)

No comments:

Post a Comment