Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Reflection

By Adrienne Ross - www.motivationtruth.com

Happy Mother's Day, moms! You are so very important to our society. May your special day be filled with special blessings and an awareness of God's love.

The poem I recited in front of the church on Mother's Day when I was nine or ten years old just came to mind. I recall that the Sunday School teacher asked me to memorize it and recite it. I didn't want to, but my aunt Mary wouldn't allow me to say no--nothing new there. So I had no choice but to practice at home and recite it when the day came.

I don't know who wrote the poem. I don't even have a written copy of it. I simply remember it, even after all these years. The funny thing is that when I first stood in front of the church, said the title and the first line, my mind went blank. I had to start over and then there it was; it came back! That was pretty much the start of my public speaking career!

Here's the poem:

Mother Taught Me

Her hands were my first touch of love,
Her smile my first delight.
My music was the lullaby,
She sang to me at night.

I first saw faith by watching
How she lived from day to day.
I first met God at Mother's side,
Each time I heard her pray.

Wow...Why is it that at that young age the poem seemed so much longer?!

Last year a blogged a very personal Mother's Day post--moving, inspirational, maybe a bit of a tear-jerker. It's called "Exposing My Heart on Mother's Day." Click here to take a look into my heart on this issue of motherhood. It's amazing how God will use our past pains to help others, for just today at church I was able to share some of my journey with someone else who is experiencing some of the very things I had to overcome.

In honor of Mother's Day, I placed this comment on Facebook today:

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms. You are more valuable than you know. We certainly need less government instrusion in our lives, but we'll never need less mom intrusion. Our nation's children depend on you! God bless you!

Governor Palin, America's most famous mom, also shared two messages today via Twitter. She tweeted:

Happy Mother's Day! "A mom is a person who seeing there are only 4 pieces of pie for 5 people,promptly announces she never did care for pie"

and

U.S. Moms: we are thankful 4 freedom!Despicable treatment of women in Iran(setting U.N.policy on women’s rights)make U.N.credibility a joke

Don't forget to check out today's USA Weekend. The Palin family is the Mother's Day cover story, and the governor is delighted to have all her children in the picture. Read about that here.

God bless our mothers! Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment