Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Palin's Spokesperson, Meghan Stapleton, Resigns - My Personal Tribute

By Adrienne Ross - www.motivationtruth.com


Meghan Stapleton and I in Fairbanks, Alaska

Politico reports that Meghan Stapleton, Governor Palin's spokesperson, aide, and friend, has now resigned:

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s senior adviser and spokeswoman, Meghan Stapleton, has resigned, POLITICO has learned.

Stapleton has been a Palin confidante since December 2006 and one of the governor’s most trusted aides since she was vaulted onto the national political scene by being picked as GOP presidential nominee John McCain’s running mate.

Stapleton said she resigned to spend more time with her husband and 2-year-old daughter, Isabella.

“While it has been an honor to help Gov. Palin and her family over the last few years, I am also honored to have this incredible opportunity to stay home with my precious miracle, Isabella,” Stapleton told POLITICO. "[She is] 2 years old, [and] I have missed significant moments in her life, but I look forward with great happiness to celebrating milestones as well as mundane moments with her as I refocus my priorities. I also look forward to seeing my saint of a husband again, too!”

[...]

“While I had hoped to work together on so many more projects, time with my precious 2-year-old has been further minimized with the whirlwind commitments of all things Palin,” she told the SarahPAC staff. “I have done my best to scale back, but Isabella is now resorting to hiding my BlackBerry, and she shouldn't grow up begging for a mother to start acting like a mother.”
Read more of what Meghan had to say here.

Mrs. Stapleton has stood alongside Governor Palin for years and has been a major part of her career and success. She will, no doubt, be missed, but I am happy that she will be able to spend more time with her little girl and her husband. She is to be commended for that decision.

As I have written here many times, I have great respect for Meg.

In June, I wrote:


I will forever be indebted to Meg, for she was the reason I had access to the invitation-only event yesterday where I first met Sarah.
Read about that full weekend when I first met Governor Palin, Todd, and Meghan in New York. Read my account of each of those three days here, here, and here.

I also caught up with Meg in July at the Governor's Picnic in Fairbanks, Alaska, when Governor Palin stepped down and turned the reins over to Sean Parnell. What I wrote after that event is my tribute to Meg today, as it sums up my thoughts.

I wrote:

The other person I wanted to see was Meghan Stapleton, Sarah's Spokesperson. She is the one responsible for granting me the opportunity to meet Sarah in New York, for which I am still most grateful. It was great to see her and talk to her. She has my respect because she is such a good friend to Sarah, is so good at speaking up on her behalf, and just stands by her side. I like that in people. It's called loyalty. So many people just want to make a name for themselves. They don't know how to serve others. In fact, they're offended by the term. But I sense something completely different in Meg. I watched her in New York as Governor Palin prepared to speak at City Hall. Meg is, as Sarah says, "Her right-hand man." It was quite hot, and Meg went in and out carrying bottled water to Sarah and everyone else sitting on the steps of City Hall. Now someone else in that situation--if asked to do what Meg was doing--may have thought, Hey, I'm the Spokesperson; that's not my job. But Meghan served. That may have gone unnoticed to some, but that's the kind of thing that jumps out at me. And I remember how that stood out to me that Saturday morning. Maybe it's my Christian faith, but I always view people with servants' hearts as people of incredible power. It's evidenced by how we live our lives, too. I just believe that true humility is something that is revealed in what we do, rather than what we say--and when we can give ourselves to someone else without feeling like we're losing out...well, it's just something special. Whenever I saw Meghan during that weekend, she was serving: getting water, keeping the crowd from devouring Sarah, standing by her side--whatever, she was loyally serving. In a time when service has become a 4-letter word, an insult to egomaniacal self-seekers, Meghan wears it well--in whatever capacity she happens to be serving at that moment. Service should not be something to be shunned. It's something to be embraced. It reveals true character of heart; that's what I see in Meghan.
Read the full account of that event and see pictures here.

God bless Meghan Stapleton and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment