Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Smack down Mr. Robinson...can't mess with a 'cuda

In Sarah Palin's FaceBook post today, she lets us know that she is fed up with the spin that some "writers" put on her words. It is almost humorous the way they so called reporters like to make thing up and read more into Sarah's words than is there. She is plain spoken, there is no need to second guess what she means because she tells you out right unlike the politicians who can't say anything without a teleprompter!
My Letter to the Washington Post
Share
Today at 4:41pm
Letter to the Editor
Washington Post
Thursday, December 17, 2009

I’d like to thank Eugene Robinson for highlighting Alaska’s achievements on climate change [“Palin’s own ‘Climate- gate,’” op-ed, Dec. 15] and for noting that I’ve “treated the issue as serious, complex, and worthy of urgent attention,” while making “any number of pragmatic, reasonable, smart decisions as governor.” But he’s wrong to suggest that my views have somehow changed or that now I’ll have to “renounce” my past efforts.

Once again: I don’t deny that climate change is real. In creating a sub-cabinet to deal specifically with the issue, I said that “Alaska’s climate change strategy must be built on sound science and the best available facts and must recognize Alaska’s interest in economic growth and the development of its resources.” That goal made sense to me then, and it makes sense to me now.

Mr. Robinson tries to make hay out of the fact that I asked the group to advise me regarding opportunities to participate in “carbon-trading markets.” But considering voluntary participation in carbon-trading programs is much different from endorsing the economically disastrous cap-and-tax proposals put forward by Democrats in Washington. Those proposals will burden our job creators and raise energy prices for all of us, and that’s why I oppose them.

As governor of Alaska, I sought common-sense solutions that took real-world costs and benefits into account. That’s what I’m looking for now. But that’s not what’s on the table in Washington or in Copenhagen.

Sarah Palin, Wasilla, Alaska

The writer, governor of Alaska from 2006 to 2009, was the 2008 Republican nominee for vice president.

This just proves once again that most reporters would rather kiss up to the left than report the news to the people. When will it ever stop? My guess is that the more popular Sarah becomes the more they will attack her but you know what...she isn't going to be scared off easily. She is the heart and soul of what the Tea Party movement stands for. She is real...genuine...a straight shooter...and most of all isn't in it for fame and money, she is in this fight to uphold the principles of our Constitution. All I can say is...Run Sarah Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment