Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Meeting Sarah: Part One- A Post by Conservative Girl with a Voice


NOTE: I WILL BE A GUEST TONIGHT AT 6 PST ON JOIN TEAM SARAH RADIO. LISTEN ONLINE HERE.)


Yesterday had to probably be the best day of my entire life. I had the honor of meeting Sarah Palin, a woman whom I look up, admire and adore. I had the pleasure of meeting and hugging Todd Palin, who is amazingly genuine. I had the opportunity to meet and hug Chuck and Sally Heath and Sarah's Aunt Katie too. These are memories that will last me a lifetime. I know many of you have been asking me to recount my amazing experience, so I'm not going to leave you hanging too long. I have decided to blog about it from the beginning. That way, it will be like you, my blog family, were right there experiencing this event with me.

Part One:
It Started with a Brilliant Idea
(Okay, guys, just play along with the whole brilliant thing now will ya; wink...wink):

A couple weeks ago, I got a Facebook message from my friend Emily. (That's her in the picture with me to the left. I know my KBYR hat is covering my eyes, but give this San Diego girl a break; it was 4 degrees.) I think of Emily as my little sister and have known her for years. Our families have cabins at the same lake, so I refer to her as a member of my close-knit "lake family." As a 17-year-old senior in high school and member of her school's Young Republican Club, Emily is already knowledgeable in politics. I always love our time together at the lake. Usually what we do is float to the middle of the lake in my huge party island inflatable. While tanning and soaking up the rays, we talk politics. While most teenage girls, including myself when I was a teen, are reading magazines and Danielle Steel novels, Emily always has her head in a good political book, whether it be Ann Coulter or Glenn Beck. See why I love this girl? I always tell Emily that if and when I run for office and am elected, she's definitely coming to work for me.


In the message, Emily told me Sarah was going to be in Reno, Nevada, and that she and her dad were going to be traveling there for the signing. I immediately became jealous, but was so excited when she told me that I was more than welcome to come along. I KNEW I couldn't pass up the chance. Right after we talked, I went online and booked my flight. I was so excited for what was in store for us on our path to meet Sarah the great!

Stay tuned because tomorrow, I will continue to take you on this journey with me. I know what you all are thinking, "You're going to leave us hanging now?" Don't worry, tomorrow I will start up where I left of and blog away. Trust me, you will not want to miss a word!


(Click here to visit Conservative Girl with a Voice and become a follower. Click here to follow me on Twitter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment