Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

I Receive Email From Going Rogue Book Tour

By Adrienne Ross - www.motivationtruth.com

Governor Palin's Going Rogue book tour has been in full swing for almost three weeks, which means that multiple thousands of people have now had the experience of meeting the Governor in person and receiving their own impression of her. I have heard the accounts of many people who came to understand for themselves what others have tried to tell them, what I have tried to tell them about the experience.

Just a few minutes ago, I received a rather touching email from Marie who attempts to put into words for me her encounter with Governor Palin at the Springfield, MO book signing. In it she says she should have paid better attention, not to what I have written about the Governor, but to what I have not ever been able to put into words.

With Marie's permission, I have included the email below:

I need you to slap my hand, Adrienne! I have thought about you so much over the last 6 days or so!

I went to Springfield, MO to see Sarah and to "let" her help me celebrate my 60th birthday. I thought all the way up there (it took me about 9 hours to drive a 7 1/2 trip because I have to stop so often) and how excited you must have been to see her again. This was my first time, and I'm thankful that my plans worked out so very well.

I thought about you when I shook Sarah's hand, and she smiled at me. I could feel her sweet spirit in just touching her hand! That's what made me think of you! Then when I left the signing area and was greeted by Mr. Heath, then Mrs. Heath, then Aunt Kate, I thought about you again. What dear sweet people they are. You had told me they were (in all your writing) but I saw it for myself.

As I drove out of the book store parking lot that morning, totally happy and almost literally floating on air, I told myself to be sure to remember to tell you about it when I got back. Since I've been home, the only time I think about telling you is after I turn my computer off for the night to go to bed. (Otherwise, I'm writing to defend Sarah against Mr. Jim Brown, Campbell Brown's papa)

So I'm thinking about it now, and I want you to know how much the things you have written about Sarah and the Heaths came back to me as I met them for myself. Thank you for doing your best to prepare me. What a shame it didn't prepare me for the reality! I should have paid more attention to what you didn't say, huh?

Thanks for trying...
Marie

Read how Sarah Palin keeps speaking out for the American people - and how many people keep trying to silence her message.

http://marieacole.wordpress.com/

Thank you, Marie, for taking the time to share your experience. Those who have had the same opportunity know exactly what you mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment