Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Message of Thanks: A Post by Conservative Girl with a Voice

During this time of year, I like to take a step back and just reflect on how lucky I am. Since this is my first Thanksgiving post, I've decided to write about just some of the many things I am so very, very thankful for. I encourage you all to do the same.

I am thankful for my family. While we have our ups and downs just like every family does, I am so thankful to be apart of such a close-knit group of individuals. My dad, mom, brother and sister mean so much to me, and I am so grateful that we have each other to lean on. While we may have disagreements from time to time, I Iook at my family with pride knowing that I can always depend on each and every member for support. My family is my rock and I'm so thankful for this; they truly keep me sane. I am so thankful that my dad and mom raised me in a loving Christian home. I will never be able to thank them enough for taking me to church each and every Sunday, even on the sundays in which I gave them hell for my having to wake up so early after a late night out the night before with friends while in high school. Thanks mom and dad for instilling in me the values that I hold close to my heart. Thank you for carpooling my siblings, friends and I around to church, school and the many sporting events throughout the years. I know I probably took you for granted back then, but I look back at how lucky I was and still am to have awesome parents like you.


I am also thankful to live in a country where I am able to worship God and practice my First-Amendment right to free speech; I am so thankful for the Constitution and for everything our founding fathers did for our country. I am so fortunate to live in a country where I can write a blog and use it as a platform to support Sarah Palin and conservatism. Sarah is the reason I started this blog, and she will never fully know how grateful I am to her for waking me up politically and giving me the passion to want to stand up and speak out. I am thankful we have such an amazing leader on the conservative side of the aisle. Sarah and her amazing family are phenomenal, and I am so thankful to God for placing each and every member of Sarah's family in the lives of Americans. As I repeatedly mention, God puts people on this earth for a specific purpose, and Sarah is fulfilling the job God has called her to do.


I'm thankful for the many, many individuals who I have gotten to know because of Sarah. Who would have ever thought that so many hard-working, freedom-loving individuals would be brought together because of one woman? The friendships I have formed on Twitter, Facebook and at the countless tea parties have been phenomenal. I was just telling my sister, Adrienne Ross, about how awesome it is that Sarah has brought so many people together. I am so thankful to be working alongside great friends like Adrienne, Kristina Lazzaro, Denise Spencer, Randy Highsmith, among others, as we work for the common purpose of spreading Sarah's common sense message for the 2012 Draft Sarah Committee. I truly believe in our committee, and I am so honored to be apart of it. The friendships I have made as a member of this committee will last a lifetime. I am really looking forward to travelling to Alaska with Kristina in May; I know it is going to be the trip of a lifetime.


I am so thankful for the members of our strong, brave military. Every member of the military holds a special place in my heart. While I will never have the opportunity to meet each and every brave man and woman in uniform, I always thank as many members as I can for the sacrifices they make daily to keep us free and protect us from threats. I am also eternally grateful to the military families as well. They hold the fort, so to speak, when their loved ones are deployed, and I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult it must be for them. They wait at home for their loved one's return, praying that their family member will return safely to American soil. Thank you so much military members and military families! God bless you for all you do and the countless sacrifices you all make each and every day.


Finally, I want to thank you, readers, for taking the time out of your busy, busy lives to read my blog. I am overwhelmed by the amount of visitors this blog receives daily. I am even more overwhelmed by the kind words of support many of you send my way. It is because of all of you that I write this blog day in and day out. You give me so much courage and strength. The positive messages I get from all of you make all of attacks I receive from the left easy to handle. Thank you; I love you all. God bless you and your families this Thanksgiving, and may you all have a healthy and happy start to the holiday season; we have so much to be thankful for.


(I'm a Conservative Girl with a Voice!!! Visit my blog and become a follower: http://www.conservativegirlwithavoice.com. I'm on Twitter too @rachellefriberg.)

No comments:

Post a Comment