Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

McCain's Hole in One: A Post by Conservative Girl with a Voice

The night before John McCain was to announce his running mate, speculation was running rampant. Journalists were fighting tooth and nail in an attempt to get any shred of information regarding the "top-secret" pick. For me personally, the "night before" speculation has become a "where were you the night before the world was introduced to Sarah Palin?" Just as I am able to recall where I was when OJ Simpson, in his White Ford Bronco, was being chased down the highway by police, I am able to recall where I was on, what would become, the eve Republican Party history would be made. I was watching Hannity and Colmes with my mom, listening to the guys' debate on who they felt would be picked. Names such as Romney, Pawlenty, Huckabee, Jindal and even Lieberman were thrown around like a football. As a young conservative woman, I have tremendous respect for all of the men above, but I did not have the enthusiasm I would soon have when I turned the news on the next morning. Sarah Palin IS the reason why I have centered my blog on strong, conservative female candidates. It was Sarah Palin who re-energized a party that was split. Before Sarah Palin, John McCain was struggling to stay afloat, struggling to keep up with the glitzy, charismatic candidate that was Barack Obama. Sarah Palin was his "hole in one." I remember saying to my mom: "Why doesn't the Republican Party have any strong, conservative female candidates?" Well, I didn't have to wait that long for my answer because it came the next morning in the form of AK Governor Sarah Palin. I will never forget hugging my mom, tears in my eyes saying that I finally had an American political role model. I have to admit that it was fun to watch the MSM trip over themselves throughout the day of the announcement as they scrambled to uncover any little tidbit they could about the Alaskan governor: "She hunts, she fishes, she's the hottest governor of the coldest state, she was a beauty pageant contestant..." The MSM could not get enough of Sarah. Although the stories about her soon turned into negative tabloid journalism, it was memorable to see that for once, Barack Obama had been overshadowed. It is as if Sarah Palin and Barack Obama were characters straight from the "Brady Bunch," with Barack crying out: "Sarah, Sarah, Sarah."Just this past Saturday, August 29, we celebrated the one-year anniversary when Sarah was introduced to America, and today we celebrate the one-year anniversary of Sarah's coming-out party when she addressed America at the Republican National Convention!!! I write this because, as I'm sure you all know, it was this day last year that Sarah wowed America with one of best, if not the best, political speeches I have ever heard in my 28 years. I am amazed and in awe of her. As you all are well aware, Sarah and her family were harassed and belittled on television and on the web after she was announced as the Republican Party's nominee, I remember telling my mom: "I hope Sarah just socks it to the media and makes them regret all of the cruel, outlandish statements they have been reporting about her!" In true Sarah fashion, she not only socked it to them, but energized a nation. There are so many parts of that speech that I adore, but perhaps the best part of her entire speech was how honest she was with the American people ( her one-liners were pretty darn good too). Not only did Sarah speak from the heart, but she gave us the straight talk. Sarah is one of us! She is living proof that you don't need an ivy-league education or rich, elite friends to be a fantastic candidate. Here she was, a self-described hockey mom who had a loving husband and five adorable children. What was not to love about her? Like many, I have so much in common with her; she is an every woman of sorts. An individual who started out just like many Americans, who learned to work hard and in the end achieve great things. A woman who mothers can cite as an example to their daughters that they too can have a family and be whatever they want to be. Thank you, Sarah, for all you do for normal, hard-working folks like me! Of all the decisions John McCain made during the campaign, his choice of running mate was the best by far. As I have written before, she not only inspires me to want to run for political office, but she inspires me to want do more and be a better person! So on behalf of all of us, Sarah, I want to thank you for shaking things up and showing us what a real woman is made of! Since this is such a special day politically, I have decided to include a couple of my favorite quotes (speech was so good it was hard to only pick a couple) from her speech:"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities."Sarah Palin""The difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick."Sarah Palin

ABSOLUTELY CLASSIC LINES FROM AN ABSOLUTELY CLASSY WOMAN!!!


(I'm a Conservative Girl with a Voice!!! Visit my blog and become a folower: http://conservativegirlwithavoice.blogspot.com. You can follow me on Twitter too @rachellefriberg. Thanks!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment