Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

From Fairbanks to Wasilla, Reflecting on a Year Ago

By Adrienne Ross - www.motivationtruth.com

A year ago today, as I traveled down the highway from Fairbanks to Wasilla, I realized that I was in Alaska at a true moment of history. It was July 3, 2009, and I had arrived in the state late on the 1st. That first night there was incredible enough--finally landing after 20 hours and four planes from New York to the Last Frontier, and then taking a walk close to midnight while children still played and rode their bikes in the bright summer sun that is so unique to Alaska.

But July 3rd was something else altogether. Almost a month earlier I had met Governor Palin in Auburn, NY, and I told her I would be in her state for a month. I was so excited then, but never did I guess that I would be there when the world would buzz with her announcement that she would soon step away from the governor's office. But when my cell phone began to do some buzzing of its own, I knew this was big.

After time to digest the news, I settled on the thought that Governor Palin had disarmed the anklebiters, that she would do exactly what she said she would do, that is get behind common sense people who had a heart to serve, and she would not subject her family and the state she loved to the antics of the political piranhas who so desperately had applied a non-ceasing full-court press. I wrote that those who were so filled with hatred for her would soon regret that they had not let well-enough alone, that they had consumed themselves with taking her on. I knew she was truly declaring her independence and it would rock the worlds of the Palin-deranged. It's safe to say I was right, isn't it? If they had succeeded in defeating her, there would be no need for this ongoing Palin mania we see from the Left--and from some on the Right. I knew she had symbolically chosen Independence Day weekend to make her announcement, and I thought, "brilliant!"

I spent the evening of the 3rd having dinner with some of the Governor's friends, associates, and supporters, the talk revolving around her resignation. I kept saying it was a good thing, and that we would soon see. Surely, we are seeing.

The next day, I marched in the 4th of July parade with the Valley Republican Women's Club. There I met Mr. and Mrs. Heath, Piper, and many other wonderful Palin patriots. That evening I attended the Wasilla Tea Party, another wonderful experience. Click here to read all about that day and click here to see pictures.

It's hard to believe how much has transpired in such a short time, but as I reflect on a year ago today--as Governor Palin has also done today, no doubt--I can't help but be grateful at having been there for that moment, that moment in history. I wrote then that she had stepped down to step up. She certainly has, and she has brought so many up with her. And still, the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment