Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Good Grief! I’m Older Than Alaska!

I don’t have a problem with being 60 years old now. In fact, the thing that bothers me the most is how truly fleeting those years have been. Have I really lived that long, seen and done that many things that it accounts for my 60 years? Short answer YES! Longer answer would take too much time.

For someone born in the United States and lived all but one year and 6 months here, I remember when Alaska became a state. I also remember not being very concerned about it. After all, I was only nine at the time! I was more interested in Girl Scouts, scoring higher in Spelling than Jimmie Rae, and beginning to realize that math are science are not my best subjects.

I do take notice today, however, that Alaska has a birthday today. She’s 51 years old today!




Happy Birthday, Alaska! In your short yet celebrated history as a state, you have been a forerunner in contributing some of your best gifts to the lower 48. Including and especially Sarah Palin!



For that alone we owe you a debt of gratitude.

h/t to LOTUS via twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment