Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Sarah: A Woman for the Ages- A Post by Conservative Girl with a Voice


I am in awe at the shining spirit so many individuals have when it comes to meeting Sarah Palin at one of the many stops along her Going Rogue Book Tour. For the last couple weeks, people have been lining up for hours and hours, in the pouring rain and snow sometimes, just for their chance to shake Sarah's hand and have her sign their copy of her book. The main aspect I take away, as I watch and read about each signing, is the impact Sarah has had in the lives of each and every one of these individuals. Each and every individual attends one of her signings for a different reason. Young women are attending because they are excited and inspired by her. Other people attend because they see Sarah as a beacon of hope for America. Parents of children with special needs attend just to have the chance to thank her for her for the love she has for Trig and for her tireless advocacy for children with special needs. Many leave in awe of this woman who has already done so much for America. Sarah is truly the real deal. I am hard pressed to name any other modern-day political figure who has both inspired and captivated America.


I know that I never cared for politics much before Sarah came along. Sure I voted, but I never would have thought to start a blog; I used to roll my eyes when I heard that someone was a blogger. My immediate reaction was, "Why?" Man, what a difference a year makes. Having studied journalism, there was a time that I looked up to the media; I even used to dream of one day becoming a famous journalist like Katie Couric. When I was little, I would stand in front of the mirror with a hairbrush in hand, and while many of my friends would be doing this singing, I would pretend that I was some famous reporter on assignment, covering an important story. I guess journalism has always been my blood, and I'm sure my parents would be the first to tell you that I have always been interested in the news and wanting to "get the scoop." Back then, journalism was fair and accurate; journalism was objective. Now, I ask myself, "Where have the days of objective journalism gone?" While I used to be unfamiliar with why bloggers did what they did, now I fully understand why they do what they do. Like me, many are sick and tired of the media. They are sick and tired of the biased reporting. Everyone has his or her own reason for why they started a blog, and my reason is simple: I started this blog because I WAS sick and tired of the media's unfair portrayal of Sarah and her family. I was sick and tired of the media not holding Barack Obama accountable. This little blog, which I started one night while in my PJ's, sitting in front of the television has grown so much since I opened up my blogger account last March. Usually when I set out to do something, I set out to do so with high expectations. Like I do regularly, I found myself sitting back and saying a prayer. I asked the Lord for guidance and direction. I asked the Lord to use me and this blog for good. I knew that if the Lord wanted me and this blog to be successful, he would let me know in his own way.


As each month went by, this little blog, a labor of love, started to become more and more successful. I never thought people in all 50 states, not to mention all over the world would take the time to read my posts. While I have always had a love for reading and writing, this love has flourished, and I find that I am using my skills as a trained journalist. I am no longer afraid to hold the media accountable. I am no longer afraid to question our leaders. Don't get me wrong, my parents brought me up to respect authority, but this does not mean that I cannot question and hold my leaders accountable. It seems as though the bloggers and conservative pundits are the only individuals who are doing this. I am baffled that the msm continue to deceive viewers. Oh, well... as more and more individuals turn away from the msm, the more likely they are to turn to blogs and other independent media outlets.


The droves of people who continue to turn out to see Sarah are craving for her because she tells it like it is. She does not walk with the Washington establishment, and she does not surround herself with lobbyists and special interest groups. Sarah IS truly one of us, although this is only one of the many reasons I support her. She believes in many of the same things as I do. Like me Sarah is a conservative and lives her life with integrity. She inspires me to want to do more and be more. I am so blessed to be the San Diego Regional Organizer for the 2012 Draft Sarah Committee. I encourage you to click here and visit the site and sign the Draft Sarah Petition. Together, we CAN make a difference. If you would like to volunteer with the 2012 Draft Sarah Committee, you can get into touch with your state/city organizer as well. If the 1000s of individuals who are lining up at Sarah's book signings are any indication of the level of excitement this woman brings, there is no doubt in my mind that the level of excitement will only increase. If people are this enthused now, in the year 2009, I cannot even begin to imagine how excited people will be if Sarah does decide to run for president in 2012. Until then, I will continue to write my blog, volunteer with the 2012 Draft Sarah Committee and go on various shows to talk about how great an individual Sarah is. There are so many great individuals whom I have gotten to know along the way, and these friendships will last a lifetime, and this is all because of Sarah.

(Click here to visit Conservative Girl with a Voice and become a follower. Click here to follow me on Twitter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment