Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Thank You a.m. 660 WORL: A Post by Conservative Girl with a Voice

This past Saturday, I had the honor of appearing as a guest on Tea Party Patriot Radio. Tea Party Patriot Radio is based in Orlando, Florida, on a.m. 660 WORL. The hosts are two great guys, Phil Russo and Jason Hoyt. The show airs every Saturday from 4-6p.m. EST. If outside the Orlando area, listen online at http://660WORL.com. Phil and Jason were nice enough to have me come on to discuss my blog, current events and educate others as to how to go about starting a blog. What is cool about Phil and Jason is that, like me, they are young conservatives. It is fun to meet others who have the same vision and beliefs. It is even cooler to meet other young conservatives when the status quo is to be young and liberal. Contrary to popular belief, there are many young conservatives out there, and our grassroots movement is growing!







The more I look around, the more young conservatives I see beginning to rise up and speak out. We are an army that is growing everyday. As I told the guys, on Saturday, I used to not care if someone spoke out against an elected official and wished evil on him. Now, this has all changed. Not only do I speak out, but I am no longer afraid to do so. The presidential election of 2008 changed how I view America and our leaders. Prior to the election, I had always performed my civic duty and voted, but I did not do much other than that. I've had people ask me what exactly it was about the election that changed me as a person. I always say it was Sarah. Sarah taught me that young people can be hip and conservative. Sarah taught me to stand up and to speak out. Sarah taught me to believe in myself and know that I can make a difference.






If it wasn't for Sarah (and Lisa Grass), I never would have started this blog. Sarah is such an inspiration to me and so many others. Like I told Phil and Jason, she makes me excited and proud to be conservative. Instead of reading the usual Danielle Steel novels this summer, I read all about Ronald Reagan because he is the epitome of what it means to be a strong, successful leader. Not only was he tough as nails when he needed to be, but he had a true heart of gold. I also read books by Glenn Beck, and as I write this, I'm headed back to the cabin. While there, I am going to read Mark Levin's best selling book "Liberty and Tyranny." I have had multiple people, including Patrick Adams, @reagantman, and Eddie Burke, @talkradiohost, tell me I need to read it because it is that good. I'm sure I'll be blogging about very soon.







I have found that I crave reading and studying anything political. I never thought I'd picture myself this way a year ago. A little over a year ago, I was a pop-culture princess. I cared more about reading "People" than "The Weekly Standard." Man, what a difference a little over a year makes. I realize that it is my duty to keep up to date and learn as much as I can about what happened in the past, what's happening now in the present and what could happen in the future. I am so glad that I finally woke up! Instead of thinking about a career in teaching, I am back to my dream of becoming a journalist and maybe even an elected official. I crave politics, and my family jokes that I've become a political junky. So what if I'm a political nerd? I see it as a badge of honor.







I also find it amazing how social networks like Facebook and Twitter are becoming increasingly important to politics in general. Not only am I able to get news at the click of a button, but I have gotten to know the most generous, friendly people who have the same beliefs as me. People like Phil and Jason- two young, hip guys who are making a difference one day at a time. I thank God everyday for choosing this San Diego girl for so many amazing opportunities.






Sometimes I sit back and think about where I would be if not for Sarah? I know I wouldn't be a blogger. I know I wouldn't be the San Diego Regional Organizer for the 2012 Draft Sarah Committee, and I definitely know that I wouldn't be speaking out and educating others at tea parties and on the radio. This blog has given me so much, and I feel so blessed to have great readers like all of you. You don't know how much it means to me that you take the time to read my posts. You all inspire me and keep me going, and this blog is for you. For those of you who may be thinking of beginning a blog, I encourage you all to not be afraid to take the plunge. I'm not a techie by any means, so if I can do it, I know you can too! It is important, now more than ever, to speak up and spread the message of conservatism. I will continue to do so! I'm one tough cookie, and no crazy liberal is going to put me in a corner. So, fellow readers, be proud to be a member of this conservative revolution because we are definitely stronger together than we are alone.





(I'm a Conservative Girl with a Voice!!! Visit my blog and become a follower: http://www.conservativegirlwithavoice.com. I'm on Twitter too @rachellefriberg.)

No comments:

Post a Comment