Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Branding and Action

Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Stabler Arena, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA


Extended Handshake No. 1

1313 EDT...

Extended Handshake No. 2

1351 EDT...




1352 EDT...



1354 EDT...

Complete Original Story Here:

McCain-Palin 10-08-2008 Rally Bethlehem, PA -- Devito Experience


In her hand, the Sharpie branded my shirt and engraved my heart like a green laser -- no disrespect intended towards my wife Elsy, the love of my life (I finally did replace that Pink Diamond lipstick I clipped off her to make that sign!). I want Elsy to see that last glass ceiling explode from beneath a woman's sonic boom. The moment Governor Palin branded my heart, it meant I had to engage in serious action to advance her interests. So, I did, but the 2008 campaign was really baby steps.

My Time for Choosing came the moment Obama won. The choice did not require any thought, any agonizing or any consideration: Sarah 2012.

A few of us on Team Sarah started a campaign to defend Governor Palin against smear attacks in the Anchorage Daily News and elsewhere. A steady diet of writing defense packages became disheartening, and it occurred to me that something more proactive, something more positive had to be done. Why not focus on her accomplishments and make them available to the general public? After all, on Team Sarah, I was mainly preaching to the choir. Thus, Accomplishments was born. My political action extends far beyond blogs of course and I’ve gotten my hands into lots of things with lots of people since that day. I am an introvert, but this work unlocked an extroverted side that I never knew existed within me.

My life’s journey since this moment has been quite interesting to say the least in good and not-so-good ways. But, even the bad ultimately turned or will turn good. To steal Governor Palin’s quote, “It’s all good.”

Her life’s journey since the moment she branded my heart has been nothing short of inspirational:

Master List of Governor Palin's 2009 Accomplishments


Today, it is right for me to pause....

Governor Palin:
Sarah,

My hero, my inspiration, my North Star, my guardian angel....my President. I will always follow your lead. I am your student and I am proud to have you as my teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment