Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

John McCain: It's MY Party This Year

By Adrienne Ross from www.motivationtruth.com

August 29th is turning out to be more of an anniversary of sorts than I had realized. Like everyone else, I was looking at that date as the day Governor Sarah Palin was introduced to the world in Dayton, Ohio, the day I call "Sarah Palin's Coming Out Party." I wrote a little about that last night, and you can read it here or here if you missed it.

August 29th is also the Palins' wedding anniversary. They will be celebrating twenty one years of marriage this Saturday. From that union, as we all know, they have five beautiful children to love.

What I didn't realize, however, is that August 29th is also John McCain's birthday. I discovered that today when I received an email from Cindy McCain asking me to join thousands of others in signing an online birthday card for the senator. Once I have signed that card, the email asks, would I consider donating to his reelection campaign? Now this is the way a birthday party is supposed to go down. The honoree is supposed to receive gifts from others, not the other way around, right? So what John McCain is saying today is, "Hey, I gave all of you a priceless present last year, so I'm calling in the favor this year." That gift, of course, was Sarah Palin.

Hey, I don't fault the guy, do you? The party he threw us on his birthday in 2008 has amounted to the best party I've ever attended. Who can blame him for wanting to get a little something-something back from us this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment