Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Waxie Buildup? Posted By Conservative with a Voice

"I have to get my little hands on that copy of the latest issue of 'Time Magazine'; you know, the one with Sarah on the cover,' I told my mom today as we were shopping for the next set of guests to arrive at the cabin. I knew this was not going to be an easy task. I had already struck out three times in my attempts to find the magazine in San Diego, and as a former high school softball player those aren't great statistics. But I knew I had to push on to get my Sarah Palin cover. I was starting to get discouraged, thinking that I may not be as lucky as some of my fellow Palinistas who were lucky enough to get ahold of a copy. Low and behold, I was able to get my hands on the last copy at Ralley's Grocery Store, which was an awesome feat in itself considering the store employee whom I talked to said they didn't regularly carry the magazine. He told me my best bet would be to investigate the checkout areas. As I was doing so, my hopes were fading, when I immediately saw what I had been looking for-I was so excited that I didn't even care that the issue had a folded crease on one side. I felt like that kid Ralphie from the movie "A Christmas Story" when he received that Red Ryder BB-gun.

When I got back to the cabin, I couldn't wait to get down to the lake and just sit back and read my magazine. As I was reading the article, I immediately noticed a familiar issue that is present in almost every msm article or report on Sarah. While the majority of article was surprisingly positive, the issue that still remained had to do with the fact that yet another msm outlet admits to still not knowing Sarah. I immediately stopped and had to sit back for a minute to reflect on this statement. How can these people not know who Sarah is by now? To me, Sarah is an open book, a straight shooter. Unlike many politicians in the political arena today, she is about as honest as they come. As a governor, she had an open-door policy with the press that dates back to her time as mayor of Wasilla. How many other mayors do you know who actually handled the press on their own? Not only is Sarah an open book, but her high level of integrity and perseverance speak volumes. This is a woman who puts the people of her state first, which is a rarity in today's culture of special interests and payoffs. Unlike other governors, Sarah took on members of her own party if it meant the people would benefit more in the long run; she is an independent woman who tackled the special interests head on and succeeded. I'm sorry, but is it that hard to see who Sarah Palin is by now? I could go on and on giving you endless examples of who Sarah Palin, the person, is, but you know who she is as well as I do. This is a woman who has inspired a nation of individuals with her determination and sheer grit, a woman who has proven that she is capable of doing great things for this country. I don't know about you, but it is hard to think of any other female politician around whom blogs have been developed. How many Hillary-centered blogs can you name off the top of your head? Yes, this is not your typical politician.

Another aspect of the article that I took issue with was discussion about Sarah's lack of experience or as "Time" calls it a "flimsy resume." Did they forget that she was the only individual on either ticket in the last presidential election who had executive experience? Although the magazine is quick to point out that it may be as good a time as any for a so-called "flimsy resume," this is yet another msm attempt to undermine the powerhouse who is Sarah Barracuda. Not only is AK the largest state, but it holds the key to energy independence. I'm sorry, but if anyone wants to discuss a "flimsy resume," why don't we look at community organizer extraordinaire, Barack Obama, who served only there years in the senate before becoming president, not to mention that he was campaining a large portion during those three years. So before the msm want to harp on Sarah's resume, let's look at who is in the White House, shall we?

One last tidbit that I HAVE to bring up is an issue that has been brought up more than once in regards to Sarah's resignation speech. Like other media outlets, "Time" mentioned that Sarah's speech included what they determined to be "strange ramblings." I'm sorry, but did they hear the same speech I heard? I heard a woman who spoke from the heart, not the teleprompter, a woman who put her whole heart and soul into helping her state grow and prosper, a woman who wants to continue to lead her own way thus going about things the unconventional way. This is the Sarah Palin you and I have grown to know and love. A woman who is not afraid to, as she said during the campaign, "shake things up." Perhaps Sarah put it best when she told "Time," "Take the words of General MacArthur. He said 'We are not retreating. We are advancing in another direction.'" An inspirational quote from an inspirational woman. Maybe the rambling "Time" heard was the wax buildup in their ears, or maybe it resides in the fact that the msm DO NOT want to hear her. Either way, I pretty sure they are going to BE hearing from her and a lot more often. Let's just hope they clean the wax out of their ears beforehand.

Visit my blog at http://conservativegirlwithavoice.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment