Opinions expressed on this site are solely the responsibility of the site's authors and any guest authors whose material is posted here. This site is not authorized or operated by Governor Palin, her staff, or any other candidate or committee.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Interview with John G. Miller, Going Rogue Jacket Winner

In this interview, John G. Miller spoke with Ron Devito about winning Governor Palin's red Going Rogue jacket in an online auction to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project and Fisher House.

Devito: "Tell me a little about yourself."

Miller: "I authored three books, QBQ! The Question Behind the Question: Practicing Personal Accountability at Work and in Life, Flipping the Switch...: Unleash the Power of Personal Accountability Using the QBQ!, and Outstanding!: 47 Ways to Make Your Organization Exceptional. I also do speaking engagements on personal accountability and have been on the market for 15 years. I self-book almost all my engagements. I spoke for your employer -- Con Edison -- about personal accountability in September 2005."

Between QBQ and Flipping the Switch, Miller has over one million books in print. Outstanding is set to publish January 1, 2010.

Devito: "How did you find out about the Going Rogue jacket"

Miller: "I was online, and saw the link to the jacket on Laura Ingraham's site. I thought it would be a fun way to donate to help wounded veterans. One person bid $56,000. I bid $57,000 Friday (December 18, 2009) morning and found out one minute later that I owned it!"

Devito: "What is your personal connection to wounded veterans?"

Miller: "My son-in-law, Justin Gallagher, 25 fought in Fallujah, during the surge. He returned home safe and sound in 2007, but three of his buddies died from IEDs. A fourth friend lost both of his legs from a road-side bomb."

Devito: "What is your opinion of Sarah Palin?"

Miller: "I respect her. Our values are similar. I think she is a woman of integrity. It's not about Sarah. It's about the values she represents: smaller federal government, less entitlement programs, strong national defense, pro-life, competition in the marketplace, capitalism. I'm a capitalist! Innovation comes from capitalism. When people compete, they have to be creative. I voted McCain-Palin in 2008. My daughter and my wife both love her."

Devito: "What are your plans, now that you have this jacket?"

Miller: "I'm going to continue teaching personal accountability and responsibility to counter the tidal wave of victim thinking, which is very contagious and a cancer in our society. I'd love to meet Sarah now that I have her jacket!"

The winning bid was first announced by Podomani, a web design and marketing firm which handles Miller's websites: QBQ and Outstanding Organizations.

Miller lives in CO. He and his wife, Karen, have seven children ... and a horse. He grew up in Ithaca, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment